Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 212 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 465 | Carbohydrates: 31g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints: 6
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cups salsa, no-sugar added
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, peeled and small diced
- Add 1 cup water and quinoa to a medium pot and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until most moisture is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave covered quinoa on burner for 5 minutes.
- Add to cooked quinoa, black beans, salsa, corn, and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine then add diced avocado and gently toss. Add salad to a serving dish and serve. Salad can also be enjoyed cold.
Enjoy! SOURCE: SKINNYMS.COM