- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 lb button mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1 yellow squash, cut into chunks
- 1 green zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 each red, green and yellow bell pepper, into chunks
- 2 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the sesame seed oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger.
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the vegetables and the marinade ingredients.
- Shake the bags to coat the vegetables with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours. Turn the bags once if marinating for 30 minutes, or several times if marinating longer.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers. Reserve the marinade.
- Grill the skewers for 8-12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Brush the vegetables with the marinade each time they are turned.
- Serve hot.
Preparation time: 40 minute(s) Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegan
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, Reduced carbohydrate, Gluten free
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: USA (General)
Entire recipe makes 8 servings Serving size is about 2 skewers Each serving = 4 Smart Points/2 Points + PER SERVING: 98 calories; 4g fat; .6g saturated fat; 14g carbohydrates; 6.6g sugar; 4g protein; 3g fiber