yield: 4 (ROUGHLY 5.25 OUNCE) SERVINGS
- 4 teaspoons flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1.25 lbs raw boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins (you can also buy breasts and cut them into strips)
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ½ cup cornflake crumbs (these are sold by the other bread crumbs in my stores, no need to crush your own!)
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small dish, mix together the flour and paprika. Place the chicken strips into a gallon Ziploc bag and add the flour/paprika mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- In a shallow dish, beat the egg whites and set aside. In a separate shallow dish, stir together the cornflake crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder.
- One at a time, take the flour-coated chicken strips and coat them in the egg whites and then press them into the dish of corn flake crumbs and flip so that both sides are coated in crumbs. Transfer the crumb-coated strips to the prepared baking sheet.
- When all the chicken tenders are coated and on the baking sheet, spray the tops of them with cooking spray and place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes until cooked through.
WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS:
2 per serving* (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com), a serving was 4 SPs on the previous program
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS:
6 per serving* (PP calculated using a Weight Watchers PointsPlus calculator and the nutrition information below)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING*:
229 calories, 12 g carbs, 1 g sugar, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 35 g protein, 0 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)
*Since people may cut/buy different sized chicken tenders, I recommend determining the servings by weight. My finished tenders weighed a little over 21 ounces, so each serving was about 5.25 ounces by weight. For me this was around 3 tenders.