70 minutes – overnight to prepare serves 4-8
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, butterflied
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppe
- Make the marinade by whisking together garlic, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, thyme, rosemary and black pepper in a medium bowl. Pour into a large ziplock bag.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and add to bag, making sure each breast is well coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350º F, or preheat grill to medium heat (same as oven temperature), and line a 9×13 inch baking sheet with foil.
- Transfer chicken breasts to baking pan or preheated grill and discard ziplock bag with the marinade inside. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until breasts form a slight crust.
- When done, transfer chicken to a serving platter and let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Chow Hound