50 minutes to prepare serves 6-8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
- Mix the chicken, sautéed onion, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, rice, broccoli and cheddar cheese in the baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. Pour it over the casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until heated through. Serve hot, topping with extra cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from Mom On Time Out