1 hour to prepare serves 6-8
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted; 1 tablespoon for greasing pan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated, plus extra for topping
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine flour and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Once combined, slowly pour in water and milk.
- Stir well and add melted butter and salt.
- Place a small frying pan (7-8 inches) over medium-high heat and melt 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Once hot, pour 1/4-1/3 cup batter into the pan, swirling so it evenly coats the bottom, and cook until golden brown. About 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter and set crepes aside.
- Preheat oven to 350º F and rub halved garlic all over the inside of 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mushroom soup and cheeses.
- Stir and fold in shredded chicken, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture into each crepe and roll it up like a burrito.
- Cut crepes in half (or into thirds if they’re large) and carefully transfer to baking dish. Place them close together so they stand upright.
- Sprinkle extra cheese over the top of casserole.
- Put baking dish in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Oprah