45 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 2 small eggplants, stems removed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, stems removed and halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Cut eggplants lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp of the eggplant, leaving enough of the outside of the eggplant to form a boat.
- Dice the eggplant and combine with zucchini, garlic, tomatoes and onion in a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute vegetable mixture for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, basil and half the parsley to vegetables, and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Remove from heat, and stir in breadcrumbs and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the eggplant boats on the baking sheet.
- Fill eggplants with vegetable mixture, then top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Spark Recipes