- ¼ cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone)*
- 5 cups Romaine (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
- ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to season
Powered by Chicory
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken. Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken. Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.
*Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used instead of thighs
Serving: 1piece chicken, 1/4 veggies and cheese, Calories: 419kcal, Carbohydrates: 21g, Protein: 47.5g, Fat: 16.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 141mg, Sodium: 585mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 7g
Blue Smart Points:7
Green Smart Points:10
Purple Smart Points:7