- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, slightly softened
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cups lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter and brown sugar until well combined. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add oats and flour to butter/sugar mixture and mix to combine. Press half of oat crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8 x 11 inch pan. You can use a 9 x 13 pan; it will just be thinner.
- Mix together condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Spread onto the bottom layer of the crumb mixture. The other half of the crumb mixture mix and knead together with clean hands so that the butter that you added earlier gets incorporated then crumble on top of lemon layer but don’t press.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow pan to sit on counter for 30 minutes after baking. Cut into squares and refrigerate for a couple of hours or until cool.
- Serve cool. Makes around one dozen.
- PREP TIME: 15 Minutes
- DIFFICULTY: Easy
- COOK TIME: 25 Minutes
- SERVINGS: 12 Servings