|1 lb lean ground beef|
|1 onion, chopped|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1 can (28 oz) tomato, crushed|
|1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|1⁄2 tsp dried basil|
|1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese|
|1 1⁄2 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded|
|6 lasagna noodle|
|1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded|
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic, stirring to break up any chunks, until the meat is brown, 5-10 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, salt, dried oregano, dried basil, and red pepper flakes and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and 1 cup mozzarella.
- Spoon 1/3 of the meat sauce into a slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna noodles in half, arrange them on top of the meat sauce, and top with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Repeat with second layer. Finish with remaining 1/3 of the meat mixture. Cover and cook on Low for 4-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over the lasagna and set aside for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and lasagna is firm.
- Per serving: 11 SmartPoints; 11 PointsPlus; 9 Previous Points
Recipe originally inspired by Food.com with 5-star rating and 8 reviews.
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 360||Calories from Fat 125|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||15%|