The key to the success of this dish to to make sure your oven is HOT and stays that way throughout the cooking process. Also make sure you don’t crowd the carrots on the baking sheet as this will affect the roasting process.
This recipe for honey roasted carrots is whole carrots, bathed in honey and seasonings, then roasted over high heat until tender and caramelized. A super easy yet elegant side dish!
I always have a bag of carrots in my fridge, they’re inexpensive, last for weeks and my kids will always eat them! These roasted carrots take just minutes to put together, but are fancy enough to serve for company.`
In my opinion, the best way to eat vegetables is when they’re roasted. After a trip through the oven, most veggies get browned and caramelized and their flavor intensifies in the best possible way! These honey roasted carrots are my all time favorite way to eat carrots. In fact, my whole family devours them, even the kids!
- 1½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut all the same size,(I used Earth Exotics)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (8 smartpoints)
- 3 Tablespoons honey (12 smartpoints)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (2 smartpoints)
- freshly-ground salt and pepper
HOW TO MAKE:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the honey and brown sugar. Microwave for about 15 seconds. Just enough to melt the honey.
- Coat the carrots with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add in the honey mixture until evenly coated
- Spread in an even layer on the baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Remove tray and keep the oven door closed to retain heat. Using tongs, turn the carrots over and return to the oven for another 30 minutes or until they start to carmalize.