30 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive to prepare serves 4
- 1 pound salmon, with skin
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup, bourbon, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish. Add liquid mixture to dish, submerging fillet; refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain most of marinade from baking dish, and reserve. Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes (adjust cooking time depending on thickness of fillet and desired doneness).
- While salmon cooks, pour marinade into sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer until liquid thickens into a glaze-like consistency, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and top salmon with glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest