This crab cake is the real deal—no fussy stuff, no flavor disguises. Just pure, sweet crab meat, and lots of it. You add in just enough egg and fresh bread crumbs to bind the crabmeat together. White sandwich bread yields the absolute best cakes—soft and flaky at the same time. Use just enough Old Bay seasoning to give a hint of its presence or it will overpower the crab.
- 1 pound crabmeat, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Mix together crabmeat, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Beat together egg, mayonnaise, hot sauce and mustard. Combine with other ingredients and mix well. Form into patties and place on a lightly greased broiler pan or baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly brown.
Open Next Page To Continue Reading