Makes: 8 servings Serving Size: 1 slice
- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), trimmed and broken into small florets
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon caraway seed, ground or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 large eggs
- 1 jarred roasted red pepper, rinsed and chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- Bring about 1 inch of water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower and steam until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until tender and golden, about 8 minutes. Add caraway seed, coriander, crushed red pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Gently stir in the steamed cauliflower, doing your best not to break up the florets, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes to combine the flavors.
- Whisk garbanzo bean flour, all-purpose flour (or gluten-free blend), baking powder and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Whisk eggs in a large bowl until mixed. Sprinkle the dry ingredients over the eggs and whisk to combine and eliminate most of the lumps. Stir in roasted red pepper, feta and 2 tablespoons dill. Add the cauliflower mixture and gently stir to combine. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden and the cake is set, 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool to warm; remove the pan sides and the parchment. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with the remaining 1 tablespoon dill.
Per serving: 187 calories; 9 g fat (4 g sat, 4 g mono); 152 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 11 g protein; 2 g fiber; 563 mg sodium; 296 mg potassium. 6 SmartPoints source:pointsrecipes