|2 cup beef stock|
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|1 lb extra-lean ground beef|
|1 large red onion, finely chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, finely chopped|
|3⁄4 cup frozen corn|
|1⁄2 cup water|
|1 packet (1 1/4 oz) taco seasoning mix|
|1 1⁄2 cup fresh salsa|
|1 fresh cilantro, chopped, optional|
- Add beef stock to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add rice, cover, and cook until done, about 25 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, brown ground beef in a non-stick skillet, about 3 minutes. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Add corn and cook for 3 more minutes. Add water and taco seasoning mix. Turn down the heat and cook until the meat is done and the liquid is almost completely absorbed, 5-10 minutes.
- When rice is cooked, stir it into the meat and vegetables. Turn off the heat and mix in salsa. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- Per serving: 16 SmartPoints; 11 PointsPlus; 9 POINTS (old)
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 601||Calories from Fat 83|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||19%|
|Total Carbohydrate 88g||29%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||34%|
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Nutrient information may not be available for all ingredients. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Use this data as a guide only.