If you’ve never been a lover of cabbage, these crock pot stuffed cabbage rolls just may make you one. It’s converted many!
I have to admit something to you….my mother makes the best stuffed cabbage rolls in the world.
To me, this recipe was the one and only and as very young I didn’t understand how special it was. And then other people tried it, praised it and kept having another roll, and another one…they praised them with their mouths full.
And that is how I understood that this flavor that I got used to was the best possible, and by no means average or ordinary.
My mother says that the student surpassed the teacher, and I take that as an immeasurably great compliment. In fact, she is a person who always manages to find a needle in a haystack, all with the aim of improving quality.
So, I confidently present to you
my mom’s my recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls ?
p.s. I’ll let you know a secret…the more you reheat it, the tastier it gets.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 2 cabbage rolls
Points Plus: 6 | Smart Points: 7
Calories: 218 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 93 mg | Sodium: 201 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 12 g | Protein: 17 g
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil cabbage leaves for 2 minutes. Whisk together tomato sauce, honey, spices, lemon juice, ketchup, the salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, garlic, and ground turkey. Add in 1/4 of the sauce and combine well.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the rgound turkey mix into the center of each cabbage roll. Roll up the leaves, tucking in the ends. Top with tomato sauce and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
TO CONTINUE, SEE THE NEXT PAGE (CLICK THE RED NEXT BUTTON BELOW)