1 lb green pepper, diced
1 lb ground beef
2 stalks celery, diced
1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1-2 teaspoon beef base
2 cups water or 2 cups low sodium beef broth
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Brown the ground beef until fully cooked.
2. Drain the fat from the beef and set aside (do not discard the fat).
3. Saute the vegetables in the same pan.
4. Add water or broth, the ground beef, rendered fat, and beef base.
5. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes (the longer it simmers, the better the flavor). Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir in the desired amount of rice (if using).
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
Total fat: 8.7 g
Cholesterol: 38.5 mg
Sodium: 56.3 mg
Total carbs: 6 g
Dietary fiber: 1.9 g
Protein: 11.7 g
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …