Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage and Potatoes – an easy sheet pan meal with smoked sausage (my fav), potatoes, and onions – your whole family will love!
Reasons why I love this meal:
Smoked Sausage – If you have never had smoked sausage (of ANY kind) made from a butcher you are missing out. The taste and flavor of smoked sausage are phenomenal.
Potatoes – Potatoes are my favorite vegetable. They are loaded with potassium and help keep you full. Potatoes have more potassium than a banana does.
Onions – When roasted onions in the oven they almost turn out like caramelized onions that you would make in a skillet. Just these three ingredients are so simple and make for one tasty dish.
HOW TO MAKE OVEN ROASTED SAUSAGE AND POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Line a large baking sheet with tin foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cut sausage into rounds. Chop the onions and potatoes the same size. This helps with cooking time.
- Put the sausage rounds, onions, and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour this out onto the sheet pan and spread out the sausage and potatoes.
- Place into the heated oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Turn off the oven.
- Scatter the cheese over top of the cooked meat and potatoes, Pop back into the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese. (optional)
TIPS FOR OVEN ROASTED SMOKED SAUSAGE AND POTATOES
- If you are looking to make this dish a little more Weight Watcher friendly use chicken sausage or turkey sausage instead of smoked sausage. This will help lower the points and use less oil as well. If you use cooking spray instead oil make sure to spray the potatoes and sausage liberally.
- Cooked chicken sausage is 3oz for 3 smart points
- Cooked turkey sausage is 3 oz for 4 smart points
- Smoked paprika is a good sub for regular paprika.
- Use olive oil cooking spray in place of olive oil
- Disclaimer: The pictures were taken made with ground pork and since I made this recipe I have used chicken and turkey sausage. I’ll try to post an updated picture using these two sausages. I apologize if that misleading.
AIR FRYER METHOD
Set air fryer temp to 350. Place potatoes and onions in a 5.3qt air fryer basket and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Toss the potatoes and onions until everything is coated. Set the timer for 6 minutes and let the air fryer go. Once the 6 minutes are up, take out the basket and add the sausage rounds and continue cooking for 6 minutes. This recipe is so good in the air fryer!
1 package of sliced Eckrich skinless smoked sausage. 8 quartered Yukon gold potatoes. 1 diced green pepper. 1 diced yellow pepper. 2 tbsps of butter. 1 tsp of oregano. 1 tsp of basil. ½ tsp of black pepper. 2 tsps of olive oil.
Preheat the oven to 375°. In a pan, arrange the sausage, potatoes and peppers and place the butter over the top in small cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and season on top. Bake covered for 40 to 50 minutes.
8 SP Bonne Appétit!
Simple, easy and yummy! I sometimes make this with veggies, carrots, zucchini, broccoli and some cheese over the top, it goes really well with the seasonings. I don’t love sausage very much so I make this with ham! Give it a try, you will love it!