- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts in water drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 2 14 oz cans white or cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach fresh
- 1 large yellow onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Add in the artichokes, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, beans, Italian seasoning, and spinach. Bring to a mild simmer, and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the cream cheese, lemon zest, and parsley. Let simmer for another 5 minutes, or until cream cheese is fully melted into soup and soup is heated to desired temperature. Season with salt and pepper.
Entire recipe makes 4 servings Serving size is about 1 1/2 cups Each serving = 6 Smart Points PER SERVING: 217 calories; 6g fat; 1g saturated fat; 30g carbohydrates; 7.5g fiber; 1.5g sugar; 14g protein credit:laaloosh