The 28 Day Planking Challenge You Must Try It Only Takes 4 Mins A Day To Change Your Body
Plank is a simple but effective total-body exercise. This simple exercise tones and strengthens your core muscles along with those in your arms, thighs and calves. It’s a great full-body workout that you can do in under a minute to improve your health and fitness.
THE PLANKING CHALLENGE
You need to do the plank challenge for 4 weeks. At first, you simply start out in the plank position for 20 seconds. Easy, right? Slowly, you build up your stamina until you are planking for four minutes during the final days.
Although the plank Challenge must be completed in 4 weeks, continuing to do it and adding it to your workout is the best way to continue to build your strength and endurance, and to watch your body transform. It is a slow progression toward amazing results, and it’s not exactly a quick fix.
You may be wondering why the Planking Challenge makes for such a good workout plan. Here’s what planking does to your body:
Tones your stomach
Planks burn more calories than other traditional abdominal exercises, such as crunches or sit-ups.
It also works on your metabolism and daily practice makes sure metabolism remains high all day.
Improve your posture
While building strength, planks also increase flexibility.
How to Properly Plank
The key to getting great results comes down to perfecting the proper planking position. According to an article from Physical Living, this is how to do it:
1. Make sure that your arms are positioned correctly. Elbows should be directly under the shoulders to ensure proper weight distribution.2. The spine should remain straight. Avoid rounding out your spine and putting unnecessary pressure on your neck and back.
3. Make sure to tighten your core so that it benefits from the exercise.
4. Keep your legs slightly spread. Pay attention to how your hips feel during the exercise. There should be no added pressure to the hip area. Adjust the distance between your feet as needed.
5. Your breathing should be slow and deliberate so that your core is fully engaged and your body is relaxed.
You may be wondering why the Planking Challenge makes for such a good workout plan. After all, the exercise seems a bit simplistic to be a full-body workout. However, it is just that. Here’s what planking does for your body:
1. Tones your stomach. As described above, planking involves using your core to stabilize your body and carry out the physical demands to maintain the proper planking position. The abdominal muscles are engaged during this workout. Over time, those muscles tone and tighten to give you a great-looking stomach.
2. Promotes good posture. Because your abs play a huge role in your ability to maintain good posture, planking can also be good for your balance and stability. Over time, you’ll be able to stand up straight and achieve a broader range of movement.
3. Increases flexibility. According to an article published by Mercola.com, your flexibility will improve as you work your back and shoulder muscles in the plank position. The shoulder blades will actually stretch, which promotes a better range of motion.
Who knew such a simple challenge could achieve such great results? Check out the video below for a total breakdown of how to do a proper plank. Share today to challenge your friends.
The key to getting great results comes down to perfecting the proper planking position. This is how to do plank Properly :
Step 1: Lie on your stomach on the floor and hold your elbows directly under your shoulders and place your wrists in line with your elbows.
Step 2: Push your body up balancing on the elbows (arms) and toes while contracting your stomach, tailbone and thigh muscles. Avoid pushing your hips up too high or letting them sag to the floor. Your body should form a straight line from your head to your feet.
Step 3: The breathing is very important and it should be slow and deliberate so that your core is fully engaged and your body is relaxed. Source