Tender and fluffy with really good taste in a non-guilty zero fat biscuit. Some recipes are low fat, but this one is zero. Using nonfat yogurt to replace the butter and milk, you still get great rise and texture. Plus, just a few ingredients will get you there.
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup non-fat yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 convection or 425 regular.
- Combine 2 cups AP flour, 1 T baking powder, 1/2 t baking soda, 1 t salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt. Fold in until all dry is incorporated.
- You can now make drop biscuits if you want. Or spread the dough onto a floured surface and pat down to about 3/4 inch thick.Cut with a floured 2 1/2 inch cutter. Make them the size you want. Cut, combine scraps, cut, combine scraps. Place on a PAM sprayed baking pan.
- Bake until golden brown. 12 minutes.
The texture is not that of a standard biscuit. More fluffy doughy not flaky. Servings 6 Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 12 minutes 5 SmartPoints recipe adapted from:pointsrecipes