yield: 8 ROLL-UPS
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 tablespoons light butter (I use Land O’Lakes)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded – divided (I used Cabot brand)
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (I used Cabot Seriously Sharp)
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Original sauce
- 1 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 (15 oz) container fat free Ricotta cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350. Lightly mist a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Drain and lay noodles out to dry.
- Melt the light butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the flour to the butter one tablespoon at a time and stir to combine. Add the milk a little at a time and whisk the flour mixture into the milk until smooth. Add the pepper and stir to combine. Keep over medium-low heat until milk is warmed. Turn the heat up to medium and add 4 ounces of the reduced fat cheddar and all of the regular cheddar cheese to the milk mixture. Whisk together for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, stir in the Frank’s sauce, and allow to thicken for around 10 minutes while you do the next step.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken, ricotta, and 1/3 cup of the sauce (it’s fine to take this out before the sauce sits) until well mixed. When the noodles are dry and cool enough to touch, spoon 1/3 cup of the mixture onto each lasagna noodle and spread across the surface. Starting with one end, roll the noodle over the filling until it becomes a complete roll. Repeat with all noodles.
- Spoon ½ cup of the cheese sauce into the prepared baking dish and spread across the bottom. Place the lasagna rolls seam down in the dish and spoon or pour the remaining sauce over top. Sprinkle the remaining 1 ounce of shredded reduced fat cheddar over the tops of the rolls. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, sauce will thicken upon standing.
WEIGHT WATCHERS FREESTYLE SMARTPOINTS: 9 per roll-up (SP calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PLUS: 8 per roll-up (P+ calculated using the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com) NUTRITION INFORMATION: 305 calories, 26 g carbs, 5 g sugars, 11 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 25 g protein, 2 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)