Want to know which dish we’ll be bringing to every potluck and game day get-together this fall? This Mississippi sin dip! Not only is this dip addictively good, it’s also suuuper portable, which is obvious considering we baked the dip directly into the loaf. Yep, all you have to do for this is carve out a hole that runs almost the length of your loaf, making sure to leave enough bread on the bottom to support the dip and keep everything inside the loaf, then you bake it and it’s ready to go.
Okay, so what in this Mississippi sin dip, you’re wondering? A little bit of heaven, in the form of sour cream, cream cheese, ham and cheddar cheese. We threw in some Worcestershire sauce and garlic and onion powder to give it a little kick, and let us tell you: this stuff is good. Like, too-good-to-pass-up good. And we seriously love how it’s self-contained in the loaf, then you can just tear off pieces and use the carved out part of the loaf to dip into this chunky, cheesy molten filling. If you want to really go over the top, go ahead and dice up the carved out part, brush it with butter, then broil it for 3 minutes…you get crispy, golden perfection that can really stand up to the weight of this hefty dip. Sinful, indeed, in the best way possible!
Circling back to this bread dip’s portability, you can make the creamy filling and stuff the loaf with it, then just wrap it in aluminum foil and take it anywhere there’s an oven. You can bring this dip to a friend’s house and bake it there, ensuring it’s served when it’s piping hot and everyone gets some of that fresh-from-the-oven goodness. Ahh, this stuff is so yummy, you won’t be able to get enough – we guess that means you’ll just have to make two!
- 16oz reduced fat sour cream
- 8oz light onion & chive cream cheese
- 2c fat free cheddar cheese,shredded
- 1c xtra lean ham (5%) diced
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- loaf of round bread and cleaned out to use as a bowl.
- Dice up ham and mix all ingrediants together.
- Bake in bread bowl for 1 hour at 350 degrees. wrap it in tin foil when baking. Serve with the insides of the bread bowl and reduced fat wheat thins.
- Makes 24 Servings, 2 Points+ per serving, 3 WW SPper serving
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 70, Total Fat 4 g, Protein 5.6 g, Carbs 2.5 g, Sodium 232 mg, Fiber 0 g
recipe adapted from: triedandtasty.com