It’s common for dieters to set lofty weight loss goals for themselves. That’s one of the reasons why many people don’t succeed. From Weight Watchers stopped by NewsChannel 13 with some tips to help. Here are a few things you can do to help you continue on your path to achieving your goals:
1. Shift your focus from “one and done” to “this is for keeps”: Replace the word “diet” with “lifestyle” because losing weight and getting healthier is all about making long-term, sustainable lifestyle changes that involve so much more than just food. Adopt this attitude and you’re more likely to make it permanent and not a temporary course in your life.
2. Focus on the good stuff: Whether it’s the camaraderie you get from your support group, that powerful feeling of making a healthier choice or the energy you get after a workout, focus on those moments that make you feel good emotionally and physically.
3. Set non-scale goals: Setting goals that are beyond the number on the scale is a great way to keep you motivated and on course. And they don’t have to be big, lofty goals. Small ones like taking more steps in a day, trying one new food or recipe a week or committing to personal “me time” are all effective ways to stay motivated.
4. Speaking of trying new things, fall is a great time of year to incorporate new foods or recipes into your routine.
5. Apples are a quintessential fall food, and there’s so much you can do with them.
By Weight Watchers