Yield: 3 Servings (6 Freestyle points per serving, my stromboli was 13 inches long)
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup self rising flour (It must be self rising flour)
- 1/4 lb. Boar’s Head black forest ham
- 24 turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced peperoncini’s
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In a medium bowl mix together yogurt and flour. I used my hands.
Sprinkle flour on your work space and put your dough on it. Roll it out into the shape of a rectangle. The dough should be 1/4 inch thick so it cooks all the way through. I used my Scraper to cut away access pieces and make sure it’s rectangular.
Add the ingredients starting with the ham, turkey pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, red onion and peperoncini’s. Leave about one inch of one long edge free of ingredients. This will help keep the ingredients in when you roll it up.
Starting at the long edge with ingredients, carefully roll up the dough.
Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and place the Stromboli onto it.
Beat the egg in a small bowl and add 2 teaspoons of water. Brush the egg wash onto the dough, then add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder and dried minced onion.
Bake 14 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.