This is a creamy pudding-like pie. It has thick chocolate filling, thick cream cheese filling, a butter/nut crust, and is topped with whipped cream. Definitely not for those who are on a diet.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced fat (Neufchatel) or regular cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) containers whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 (5.1 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 (5.9 ounce) chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated semi-sweet chocolate bar
- additional finely chopped nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, melted butter, and chopped nuts until well combined and crumbly. Press into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly golden brown around edges. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Fold in 1 container of Cool Whip and stir to combine well. Spread over cooled crust.
- In a clean bowl, whisk both the vanilla and chocolate pudding mix with 3 cups cold milk. Whisk together until smooth and thickened and spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining container of Cool Whip over the top.
- Cover dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Garnish with the grated chocolate and additional finely chopped nuts, if desired, before serving.
- Garnish with the grated chocolate and additional finely chopped nuts, if desired, before serving.
Makes 6 servings
WW SP: 5
Adapted from: allrecipes.com