Yields: 12 servings, Serving Size: 1 slider WW Totals: 1 slider = 5 Freestyle Points
Ingredients: For Insta-Pot or Slow-Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
(Yields: 4 servings, Serving Size:
1 cup WW Totals: 4 Freestyle points)
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup fat free chicken broth
3 tbsp of fresh garlic, minced
1tbsp of fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp chili garlic sauce (or Sriacha)
1-2 tbsp corn starch (1 if using Insta-Pot, 2 if using Slow-Cooker)
1-2 tbsp cold water (1 if using Insta-Pot, 2 if using Slow-Cooker) For Sliders 12 pack of King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls
10 slices Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss cheese slices
8-10 pineapple rings, fresh or canned, cut in half
1 tbsp light butter (I use Brummel & Brown)
1 tbsp chopped green onions 1/4 tsp of salt 1 tsp sesame seeds
Directions: For Teriyaki Chicken in Insta-Pot: Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, broth, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili garlic sauce in the Insta-Pot, and stir until well combined and sugar is dissolved. Add chicken and coat in sauce. Set Insta-Pot to Manual and cook for 18 minutes on High. Allow a natural release for 15 minutes, and then release any leftover pressure.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Set Insta-Pot to Saute and sauce heats up, make a slurry by mixing a tbsp of corn starch in a small bowl with a tbsp of cold water. Add corn starch slurry to Insta-Pot and stir until sauce thickens. Add chicken back to Insta-Pot, mix well, and turn off heat after about a minute.
- For Teriyaki Chicken in Slow-Cooker: Cook Time: 6 hours 45 minutes
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, broth, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl and whisk until well combined and sugar is dissolved. Add chicken to bottom of Slow-Cooker and pour soy sauce mixture over top. Cook for 6 hours on Low.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Turn Slow-Cooker to High. Make a slurry by mixing 2 tbsp of corn starch in a small bowl with 2 tbsp of cold water. Whisk well until there are no corn starch clumps. Slowly pour corn starch slurry to Slow-Cooker, whisking as you add it. Put lid on Slow-Cooker and let sauce cook for 30-45 minutes, or until sauce is beginning to bubble and thicken.
- While sauce is cooking, shred chicken with two forks then cover. When sauce has thickened, add chicken back to Slow-Cooker. Mix well until chicken is coated in sauce.
Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button.