Its wide range of health benefits makes it a must-have item in your home pharmacy. You can use baking soda for a long list of medical conditions like diarrhea prevention, acidity, drug intoxication, metabolic acidosis and peptic ulcers. If you use it for beauty your skin will be radiant and silky smooth.
As we already mentioned you can use baking soda for a long list of things but do you know how? In this article we’ll show you how you can use it for which condition and the only thing you need to do is make sure you have it in your medical cabinet.
- For muscle pain after strenuous workout drink baking soda diluted in a glass of water;
- To destroy nail fungus and eliminate grime, apply some baking soda on a nail brush and scrub your nails.
- If your feet are itchy, smelly and sore mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of salt, peppermint essential oil in a small amount of water and soak them for 20 minutes.
- To refresh your breath, gargle a little bit of baking soda.
- If you want a fast and natural way to whiten your teeth apply some baking soda on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it.
- It’s also excellent against acne, dead skin and excess facial oil. Make a homemade scrub by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda, a teaspoon of water and then rub your face. Baking soda can relieve insect bites, bee stings, itching from sumac, oak and poison ivy. Mix baking soda and water, which is an excellent paste for stings. Prepare a paste of water and baking soda in order to canker herpes and sores lesion. They will dry fast.
Homemade recipe for acidity
If you’re suffering from acid reflux you need to create an alkaline environment in your body and baking soda is the best remedy for that. Combine ¼ to ½ teaspoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or ACV. Make the mixture in a tall glass and wait until the fizzling stops. Then add 230ml of water and drink the solution. This amazing mixture will neutralize your pH levels, protect your stomach acid and reduce the acidosis.
More homemade remedies with baking soda
Baking soda has lately started to gain popularity with regards to cancer treatments and all thanks to Dr. Mark Simoncini. According to him a mixture of baking soda and molasses can help in the treatment and prevention of fungal infections, diabetes and cancer.
- If you suffer from oral thrush try gargling a mixture of water and baking soda.
- UTI can be treated with a mixture of 230 ml of water and ½ teaspoon of baking soda. Drink it twice daily.
- Reduce the thrombosis symptoms by combining lemon juice or apple cider vinegar with baking soda.
- It’s also very beneficial in the case of Candida yeast. Prepare a mixture of warm water and a teaspoon of baking soda and douche with it. It will significantly reduce the itching.
- Children under 5 years shouldn’t consume baking soda.
- It’s not recommended for pregnant women.
- If you’re on some other medications consult your doctor before starting a baking soda treatment.
- It should always be dissolved before usage.
- If you need to sodium because of a certain medical condition don’t use baking soda. It can drain the minerals and vitamins from your organism.
- You shouldn’t use baking soda treatments for longer than 2 weeks.