Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 4 hrs
Total Time 4 hrs 10 mins
Calories: 208 kcal
- 1 chicken (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 limes, juiced
- Ideal Slow cooker Size: 6-Quart.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, salt, and spices. Rub the spice mix all over the chicken inside and out.
- Flip the chicken breast side down to keep the breast meat as juicy as possible while cooking.
- Pour the lime juice over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours, or on HIGH for about 4 hours, until the chicken is done and practically falling off the bone. (Mine was perfect after 4 hours on high.)
- Remove the skin before serving. Serve with additional lime wedges if desired.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: *5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints: *4 Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints: *0 (breast meat only without skin)
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Chicken Recipe
Amount Per Serving (4 ounces without bones or skin)
Calories 208Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g12%
Total Carbohydrates 4g1%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.