- 1 pound extra lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 onion chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- Salt and pepper or other seasoning to taste (I used 1-1/2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into tiny cubes (2 cups)
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 can (14 to 15 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth (I use jarred Better than Bouillon mixed with water)
- 2 cups water
- Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 5- to 6-quart.
- Put the ground beef and onions in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Season with salt, pepper and additional seasoning if you like.
- Cook, stirring and breaking up the beef into small crumbles, until the ground beef is no longer pink and the onions have softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain off any excess fat. (There shouldn’t be much if you used extra lean ground beef.)
- Scrape the ground beef mixture into the crock pot. Add the potatoes, mixed vegetables, corn, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth and water.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until the vegetables are all tender. The potatoes will take the longest to soften, so be sure to chop them really small if time is an issue for you.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 cup): 178 calories, 3 g fat, 23 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.
WW SP: 3
WW PP: 4
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 178 Fat: 3 g Carbs: 23 g Fiber: 5 g Protein: 15 g
For more Healthy Weight Watchers Recipes Be sure you Follow US on: Facebook