- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 2½- to 3-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Place squash cut-side down in a microwave-safe dish; add 2 tablespoons water. Microwave, uncovered, on High until the flesh is tender, about 10 minutes. (Alternatively, place squash halves cut-side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 400°F oven until the squash is tender, 40 to 50 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add broccolini, garlic and red pepper (if using); cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add water and cook, stirring, until the broccolini is tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Use a fork to scrape the squash from the shells into the bowl. Place the shells in a broiler-safe baking pan or on a baking sheet. Stir ¾ cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into the squash mixture. Divide it between the shells; top with the remaining ¼ cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake on the lower rack for 10 minutes. Move to the upper rack, turn the broiler to high and broil, watching carefully, until the cheese starts to brown, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition information 4 Servings
- Serving size: ½ stuffed squash half
- Per serving: 194 calories; 11 g fat(5 g sat); 2 g fiber; 15 g carbohydrates; 11 g protein; 18 mcg folate; 23 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,235 IU vitamin A; 47 mg vitamin C; 314 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 609 mg sodium; 347 mg potassium; WW SP = 7
Adapted from: EatingWell.com