- 3 x chicken breast (approx 510g/17.5oz) , sliced in to tenders
- 300g (10.5oz) of mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 320g (11.28oz) of Penne pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2.5 cups of chicken stock
- 8 tbs of low fat cream cheese (8 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- handful of fresh chopped Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Cook pasta to al dente, reserve two ladles of the pasta water and then drain and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with some spray oil
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until lightly golden on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Spray with a little more spray oil
- Add the shallot, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in a little stock and reduce down, keep repeating with a little stock, until the mushrooms are lovely and golden.
- Whisk the cream cheese into the remain stock and reserved pasta water
- Add to the pan with the mushrooms and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered until the sauce reduces down and starts to thicken slightly.
- Add in the pasta and chicken and continue to simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir through the parsley.
- Season well with salt and black pepper
- Serve and enjoy
- WW Smart Points – 10